So I think that my blog spot got haunted and I can't seem to change the background to anything other than the Halloween deco. Any hints from you master bloggers.
Sam had a fun Halloween. He was a duck. I know what you are thinking? It's still 90 in AZ what in the world are you doing putting a fleece jumpsuit on him to go outside. I did feel a little guilt, but I guess not enough because come on, isn't he so cute!


Instead of the traditional trunk or treat our ward hosted a neighborhood party in a near by park. Sam has confirmed once again that he's no pushover. He got pretty frustrated that little girls in big fluffy dresses take more time to get up the steps to the slide than he does even if he did have on as many layers as the stay puff marshmallow man. So Sam started to push the little girls in the back to move them alone. He had some sliding to do.
Here he is with cousin Sadie, who I have to confess got pushed up the steps multiple times.
Here's another picture of Sam cutting in line up the steps.
He and another kid found a pumpkin laying around and he had the best time rolling it around. The other kid was pushing it up a hill and letting it roll down. After he wrestled it away from the other kid he couldn't quite get it pushed up the hill but settled for pushing it around as if he were making a snow man.



The pumpkin was fun until he caught sight of the most amazing thing he had ever seen, A GLOW IN THE DARK FOOTBALL!! Would the fact that it was being played with by some local teenagers deter him, of course not, Sam's got guts!! He waddled over to the teenagers (of course waddling because he was still in the duck suit) and took it from them. Notice the confused stance of the teenagers not knowing what to do about the baby having taken their ball.


We were at the children's museum the other day which has a great area designed for kids 1 to 4. Sam loves it. However, this particular day a kid about 4 years old decided that he was going to kind of bully Sam. Anything Sam would play with the other kid would come and mess with. There were about 20 other kids there but he for some reason honed in on Sam. I was trying not to intervene too much so that he can learn to well "stand up for himself". After a little while of this Sam was getting pretty tired of it. He was going down the slide and the kid sat down at the end of the slide so Sam ran into him. On there way back up the slide, I saw cute little Sam go up to this big kid (for him anyway) poke him in the chest and say "No! No! No!" It's good to know that Sam will stand up for him self. Now it's time to learn a few manners like sharing and taking turns, it's a hard concept to learn when you are an only child and have the rule of the house at home.

I loved seeing his costume! That is so cute that he was rolling the pumpkin! It's funny that both our boys saw glow in the dark footballs on the same night. When Kimball discovered the glow in the dark football, the trick or treating was over!
ReplyDelete