Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blessings


This morning Sam woke up at his usual time at about 5:30. Usually it's not a problem because BJ and I are getting up around that time to either work out (Shannon) or go to work (BJ). However the night before BJ and I had stayed up too late so we were not ready to get up with him. So, once again we brought Sam into bed with us so we could at least all cuddle together before it was a time that BJ and I felt like getting out of bed. I dozed off again and woke up a little while later to find this cuteness. I just couldn't help but take a picture of my two men.


I don't know if it's Thanksgiving so I am thinking about my blessings or that we are getting ready to look for another baby to adopt but moments like these have become more heartfelt and precious to me as I think of the what ifs in my life that would make a precious moment like this, my son and my husband snuggled up together, not have happened. I hope that makes sense. As I have had the wonderful opportunity to be Sam's mommy, I have felt more acutely, the true sacrifice that was made on my behave to have this special boy in my life. There is no way to ever express the gratitude for son. He is my son because of the impossible sacrifice of others.
In my struggles with infertility I remember, and still do feel on occasion, that this was a thing I could never be grateful for. How could it be so easy for others to bring children in their family and me be denied the blessing. I was very wrong though. Adoption has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I have been able to experience life from a prospective few others have. I am mystified by the great love I have for Sam's birth family. At an adoption class that we had when we started the journey of adoption someone said that before their adoption they underestimated their ability to love. I feel the same way. Through my ramblings here, I just want to say thank you to those who allowed me to wake up this morning to see the two most important people in my life cuddled up together sleeping and letting me be a mommy. However, the words "thank you" will never express the depth of my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment