Typically for women who deal with infertility problems Mother's Day can be a pretty touchy subject. We have known now for 5 1/2 years that unless some gigantic miracle happens (we are talking Abraham and Sariah type miracle, hopefully BJ would not be asked to sacrifice that child) we won't be able to naturally have our own children. I think that there always is a little twinge of sadness that accompanies this day for me now. I once read a quote that says "My infertility resides in my heart as an old friend. I do not hear from it for weeks at a time,and then, a moment, a thought, a baby announcement or some such thing, and I will feel the tug-maybe even be sad or shed a few tears. And I will think, 'There's my old friend.' It will always be part of me..." I have always identified with that quote. At the beginning I thought that infertility would never be my friend, but it has, it makes me who I am today. It makes me appreciate and love the 2 wonderful children that I have been blessed with that call me "Mommy" all the more. On mother's day I can't help but reflect on the many mothers and grandmothers in my children's lives. I think my children are the luckiest kids in the world to be so blessed with so many incredible women in their lives. We love you all. We love the women that we may have never met that love our children from afar. Mother's Day has come to mean so much more to me than a reminder of my infertility as I think of all the love and sacrifice that has been shown to my children in making me a mother. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day!!!
The Parable of the Ears
-
When my 4th child was born, he was blessed with a set of ears that looked
liked open doors on a taxi cab. He looked like he had his own set of
satellite di...
1 year ago

Beautiful pictures, Shannon. What a blessing those two adorable children are in all of our lives! Thanks to those sweet moms who made it possible for you to be a mom - and a great mom at that!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Shannon. You explain it so eloquently. And those pictures are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day, Shannon! Adoption truly is a beautiful, amazing miracle. Your kids are adorable :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day! What a beautiful post.
ReplyDelete