Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Going for a walk

At a yard sale this week I found one of child harnesses shaped liked animals. We have been contemplating getting one for Brodi because we know she would like to get out of the stroller more and walk around but she will often wander off on her own. There just seems something wrong with putting your child on a leash. We got Sam a harness last summer when we went to Yellowstone last summer so that he wouldn't fall into a geyser or something and every time we put it on him he wouldn't walk he would just lay on the ground for the sheer indignity of the whole thing and we ended up carrying him the whole time. I ended up returning it because it had really never been used. I think that's what has kept me from attempting one with Brodi, however, she was the one that discovered it at the yard sale and she loves it. She gets a little irritated when she can't walk away as far as she would like but really doesn't seem to mind it. It is really nice to know that we can let her have a little more freedom, but still keep her safe from getting lost, or stolen, or hit by a car, or whatever else we parents worry about. She knows that someone is suppose to hold the tail of the harness so she is giving her self a little walk around the house in this picture. She did cry when we made her take it off to go to bed, poor baby.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Way cute! I had a harness when I was little, and I think I turned out alright! (Please don't tell me otherwise) :)

    ReplyDelete