Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Shower fun

The other day, Sam was in the bathroom while BJ and I were getting ready. He watched as BJ shaved so Sam wanted to shave. We let him put the electric razor to his face to feel it vibrate. After shaving Sam decided that he needed to do what Daddy does next, he needed to get in the shower. He started pulling his clothes off so BJ and I just decided to go with it and let him stand in the shower if he wanted. He didn't want to just stand in the shower he wanted the shower turned on. We turned the water on to a good trickle and Sam had a blast. Wow, a self contained mess that actually gets him clean, it's wonderful.
After he was done with the shower, the fun didn't end. I got his towel and tried to get him out of the shower, but he would have none of that. He took the towel and wanted me to close the door (see Daddy dries off in the shower). After he got sufficiently dry he started to reach up for the squeegee. He then squeegeed (or did his very best at least) the shower and then was ready to get out. We have such a smart little boy on our hands it's scary. It's amazing to us how much stuff he soaks up by just watching us. I have to put in a little plug for Montessori education. They really emphasize the process of how to do things. We have been amazed out how much Sam is able to figure out lately.

1 comment:

  1. that's hilarious!! It's so funny...I don't think Kylie took her first shower until she was maybe 4...maybe even later...but now that's about all sadie ever gets and she's only 2...if he likes it...i say do it..it's so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete