We have really missed going to the zoo this summer and can't wait for it to cool off again so that we can start going to the zoo more. The other day I was loading Sam in the car to go pick up a babysitter and for some reason Sam got it into his mind we were going to the zoo. Mind you it was like 6:30 PM. He kept chanting "Zoo, Zoo, Zoo." the whole way to our
babysitter's house. I kept trying to explain to him that we
weren't going to the zoo but he was not convinced. When his babysitter got in the car and we started heading home and he realized what was really happening he gave this look as if I had totally betrayed him the the whole way home. I knew then that even though it was still warm we needed to get to the zoo. Last
Friday we got to take
Brodi for her first zoo trip.

We took
Brodi's new wagon with us. The awesome thing about taking the wagon to the zoo is that when you get home you can spray it down with the hose to clean up all the smashed popcorn, crackers, lemonade, etc. The bad thing is there is no cup holder for Mommy.

During one of our last zoo trips last spring I found out that if you get a kid's
souvenir cup, they refill it for free. I wish I would have known that the rest of the year. So
Brodi got one on her first visit. Now no one has to share their drink. This is especially important for Mommy.
The first of many zoo trips
Brodi. Yeah!!
so cute! I am so happy for you to have her!
ReplyDelete