Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sammy and Brodi

A lot of people have been asking how Sam is doing with Brodi. It kind of depends on the day. The first day she came over he was super possessive over everything in the house and wouldn't let her touch anything. However, Brodi took a nap at BJ's brother's house so I could take Sam to his physical therapy group and he was very concerned that we had left her. He would also just randomly go up to her and give her a hug. We know that he likes her, he is just not sure what to do with her quite yet. He knows enough that there is something different about Brodi than other little kids that come and play.

The next day she came over Sam decided to change tactics and decided to just compete for my attention. He was hilarious because he was in ultra showing off mode all day. For instance Sam will usually only let me sing to him when he goes to bed, I actually get hushed by him if I even try (I haven't decided if I should be offended or not). I sang a little song to Brodi and she started to dance. I said "Brodi are you dancing?" Sam piped up and said "Mommy sing dance." I started to sing and Sam started to bust out moves we have never seen before (like his parents he's not much of a dancer). Since then as they are getting more used to each other sometimes he really likes having her around and sometimes he becomes really possessive. You know, like any other sibling. It is really cute to see him get to know her better. When ever she comes over he will get really excited and race to the door yelling "Brodi, Brodi, Brodi."

We are so excited to see our family grow. We found out that she should be coming to live with up permanently around the first of November. We are really excited because it is a couple of months earlier than any of us had anticipated.

I have yet to get a picture of them, together, both looking at the camera.
Sharing lunch.
Sam and Brodi playing basket ball.
Mommy and Brodi
Daddy and Brodi.

3 comments:

  1. they are so cute!! I'm so excited that yo uwill get her by Nov. I thought even after the good news you still thought it was about January...possibly Christmas!! That is so exciting!! It will probably happen on Lexi's birthday or something!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the candid shots. They show how they act around each other better. They are wicked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned how HAPPY I am for your family! She and Sam are so cute together! What a doll! I can't wait to meet her. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete