Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Evaluation Update.

As it turns out Sam qualifies for a physical therapy evaluation. Out of I think 60 points in an area if a child scores under 32 they refer them for an evaluation. In gross motor Sam only scored 20. Poor guy. He will probably get his PT eval within 2 weeks and then they decide if they qualify for services. It has been interesting being on the recieving end of services since I have been on the giving end for 3 years now.

5 comments:

  1. That video is adorable, Shannon! That's really too bad he's going to have to go through all these evaluations. He's just as cute as ever, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this is all just his idea of normal and he'll catch up and in a few years everything will be fine. Everytime I have a concern about my kids, the doctors remind me that all kids develop at their own unique pace. Good luck, you're always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Sammy! What a cute guy! Claire has been praying for Cousin Sam that his legs can learn how to walk. Can't wait to see you soon. Love you guys!

    Jeff, Holly, Claire, and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that he did qualify for an eval! But, at least it is super early and he will get the help! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...no biggie. All three of mine waited until 15-16 months to walk. The oldest two are getting services, and I love it! I've also just recently gotten Moroni orthotics, and I'm hoping it will help out. Judy just needed a good pair of Nike's and her feet are doing well. They are still behind in the gross motor dept...but I LOVE early intervention! Good job getting him in! The earlier to catch it, the better. :)

    ReplyDelete