In the 7 years that I have lived in Arizona I have never braved the heat to watch fireworks on the 4
th of July. Last year we were at
BJ's parents cabin and saw them in
Payson in a nice cook park which was lovely and also instilled a love of "boom booms" for Sam. So this year we decided that we better stick around town instead of heading off to the cabin and we wanted to take Sam to see the boom booms so for the first time we went out to brave the summer heat (For those of you not experiencing our Phoenix summer, around this time of year it is so hot that it just never cools down, it will be over 100 degrees at midnight). Earlier in the evening it became very apparent that if
Brodi stayed awake until the fireworks she would not be enjoying them, so
BJ volunteered to put
Brodi to bed and Sam and I took off to the Apache Junction fireworks. I was very pleasantly impressed. They put on a pretty good show. There was a lot of traffic but it really wasn't too crowded and it wasn't even very hot. Sam didn't like how loud they were because they were literally going off right over our heads, but once I told him that he could put his fingers in his ears he seemed to really be mesmerised by the show. The very best part of the evening wasn't the part when Sam decided to announced to the world the
anatomy lesson that we have been working on about what part of his anatomy that he has that I don't, he even used the correct terminology (what is it about 3 year old that seem to find the exact wrong moment to display their knowledge about such things). The very best part of the evening was right before the fireworks started Sam nuzzled into me and said, "I just love you so much Mama!" and then gave my arm a little tickle. It was a magical night. Some girl better thank me someday for raising such a wonderful son, but not for at least 20 years....maybe 30.

This is our awesome parking spot. We ended up finding a spot in which we were the very first car in a long line of cars parked on the side of the road. When we were ready to leave we were able to pull right into the stand still
traffic and not have to wait to get into like all the other cars behind us.

Sam already to see the boom booms.

Mommy and Sam. I just love you so much too Sam.

And of course the fireworks.
I think Sam has made a new friend on the "boom-boom" front. Madie LOVED them!
ReplyDelete