
This morning my sister Megan gave birth to her daughter Leah Marie Badger, and the best part of all was that I got to be there!! It was so amazing. Look at my sister's face. That is the face of a champ! She delivered a 9lb 2oz baby after being in labor for 26 hours without an epidural. Watching her made me just a little glad that IF I were ever to become pregnant doctors have already told me that natural child birth is not an option.
It was such an amazing experience. I am so glad that I got to be a part of it. My mom and sister Kish and of course her husband James were also there. Kish is a labor and delivery nurse so she was the expert. Megan was such an amazing pusher that Kish could have delivered the baby before the doctor got there. Welcome to the world Leah!!

Wow! You got back just in time!
ReplyDelete26 HOURS!?!?!?! Is she nuts?! I would have fallen asleep I think and they'd just have to get it out on their own somehow.
She had some Stayall(sp?) during the night so was able to get some sleep that way, but it wears off and those contractions aren't very condusive to sleep.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think she is a bit nuts. It's a family thing. Most of my sisters have done natural childbirth and the births that weren't were C-sections.
After having contractions 2.5 minutes apart for 10 weeks...yeah, you read that right...I want that epidural as soon as my water breaks.
ReplyDeleteShe's a trooper though...I've always been of the opinion that passing a kidney stone is natural, but I'm sure as heck not gonna do THAT without drugs...so a BABY...nuh uh.