Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Sam's Orthopedics

We recently found out that Sam needed to get some orthopedics for his feet. He has very flat feet that aren't developing an arch like they should by this time. This is what gives him his cute little duck foot walk. The poor guy also falls down quite a bit and has started to walk on his toes to compensate for the lack of sensory input that he has while walking flat foot (that is at least what the PT and orthopedic specialists say). They orthopedics are amazing. Within a minutes of having them on his feet are pointed in the right direction and he doesn't fall down nearly as much as he did before. We can tell that he knows they help him because he loves to have them on. He is suppose to wear them for about 5-6 hours a day and he never seems to mind them on or ever tries to take them off. He is suppose to wear them with skater shoes because they are roomier and have a wide bottom. If you ever are in the market for "skater shoes" for toddler's I'll just warn you, don't expect any teddy bears. I had to search far and wide for a pair that didn't have skulls and cross bones all over them. They have helicopters, I can live with that for a two year old. I think that there is one skull and cross bone in the embroidery but you can't really tell unless you look really close. I think that I am officially announcing that I am uncool.


Here are his shoes and orthopedics ensamble, they kind of look like high tops.





After looking at all of the samples Sam and I decided to go with the camo style. That's $1600 worth of plastic folks. Luckily (for BJ and I at least) our insurance would pay for them if they go above the ankle.

I just couldn't help myself on this picture. In his defense he is really itching his nose. It's a scratch not a pick.

4 comments:

  1. I love the "nose scratching" picture. So cute. I'm glad his orthotics are working out and that he will wear them. That seems to be a battle with some kids. He sure is an adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..so I meant orthopedics...oops. I'm uncool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are great ...
    I like all the pics...
    Thanks for sharing...


    ___________________
    Melvin
    Instant loans at an attractive low rates

    ReplyDelete