It finally happened, a week before his 18 month birthday, Sam decided that he could indeed walk. We was playing with Nanna and Uncle Mike and just walked across the room! He would then only walk to the two of them so BJ and I had to sit on the side lines and cheer. When we got home he walked all by himself from the living room to his room. Now he just cruises every where he goes. I can't tell you how nice it is not to have to worry about him picking germs up off the floor when we are at the store or something and he decides that he wants to explore (truthfully he is still a bit of a Mama's boy so he sticks pretty close to me most of the time anyways but at least I don't HAVE to hold him all the time). We had his meeting for early intervention services a couple of weeks ago, he will qualify for services until he is 3, so we should be starting that up pretty soon.
Poor Sam got a couple of bug bites on his legs last Thursday. This may not seem like that big of a deal but every time he gets a tiny bug bite, the bite turns into a huge pussy sore. We just took him to the doctor again today about this and he is now on an antibiotic again because they get infected so easily. This is twice now that he has had to have an antibiotic for bites. It's so sad because no matter how careful we are we can't always prevent bites. The worst time he got bitten a mosquito was in his room one night and bit him six times. He's been pretty miserable the past couple of days.
BJ and I have been keeping pretty busy lately (thus the huge space between our posts). I have started doing a couple of hours of online speech therapy. Who knew there was such a thing?! I work with a company based out of Boise Idaho and use webcams and a head set to do speech therapy for kids attending an online public school. It's great because I put Sam down for an afternoon nap and then log onto the computer to do a couple hours of speech therapy while Sam's asleep. No travel time, no babysitters, it's great. It's such a new concept and is just starting to take off that BJ and I would like to start our own therapy company doing this. We hope that I will be able to transition into just doing this so that I can stay at home with Sam all the time.
BJ is so happy to be done with him MBA, he now has the time he wants to plot and scheme about what he wants to do with the rest of his life.
We'll have to post photos on our next post. Let's face if I don't post this now it just may not get done.
The Parable of the Ears
-
When my 4th child was born, he was blessed with a set of ears that looked
liked open doors on a taxi cab. He looked like he had his own set of
satellite di...
1 year ago

Yaaaay Sam!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Sam!! That is exciting! Sorry to hear about the bug bites. That is no fun.
ReplyDeleteHooray Sam! Shannon, don't you love the online world? I teach online classes for University of Phoenix. I just hope that Kimball keeps taking such long naps!
ReplyDelete